1. A traditional Pantomime is a must-see in the run-up to Christmas. Based on the beloved fairy-tale of Jack and the giant beanstalk, the characters are larger than life, the action is packed full of fun and the visual and verbal jokes are plentiful.
2. This is an updated Panto with some atypical characters and local and contemporary references added by director and writer Tracey Christiansen. But never fear, Good triumphs over Evil and everyone lives happily ever after.
3. The show is entertaining for all the family – at least from ages six to 96, as the Witch and the Giant might be a little too frightening for tots.
4. The production features lots of catchy songs, wonderful and amusing choreography as well as dancing ‘animals’.
5. You are encouraged to participate by booing and hissing, applauding and cheering, and even singing along.
6. Newbie director Christiansen brings years of acting experience to the table. ‘I cut my teeth on panto,’ says Tracey who first trod the boards at the tender age of 9 as the boy babe in Babes in the Wood and has played many roles from Fairy to Principal girl over the years. Together with choreographer Shelly Dança and musical director Shirley Devlin, Tracey and her cast and crew will ensure that the show is as entertaining and professional as possible.
7. The show will be performed in the renovated Auditorium in Lagoa.
8. Live theatre provides a great evening’s entertainment. And you save on your energy bill for the evening, sitting in the auditorium!
9. There is a bar - served by The Algarveans’ Front of House crew.
10. What better way to cheer yourself up on a dark November night than to see this wacky show. And we certainly need some escapism these days!
Jack and the Beanstalk, performed in English, is playing at the Carlos de Carmo Auditorium in Lagoa from November 24-25-26 (7.45 pm) 27 (2 pm). Tickets are available online at BOL.PT or in person at Auditório Carlos do Carmo, Convento de S. José and Balcão Único, all in Lagoa. Tickets also from Worten and FNAC outlets. www.thealgarveans.com
عشرة أسباب لرؤية جاك وشجرة الفاصولياء
أرسل لنا تعليقاتك أو رأيك حول هذه المقالة.