The impressive turnover was in relation to 19,669 transactions, of which 76.7% correspond to the purchase and sale of real estate, enabling Remax to register the best first quarter of the year ever.

The number of transactions during the first quarter was up by a total of 19.1%, while turnover increased by 31%, when compared to the same period last year.

Beatriz Rubio, CEO of RE/MAX Portugal, said: “The first quarter of the year was marked by growth and strong dynamism in our network, with increases in all activity indicators, reaching in the first quarter about 20,000 real estate transactions”.

Apartments and villas remain the most popular types of property sold by Remax, representing 62.7% and 20.8% of the total, respectively and 83.5% of the network’s transactions in the quarter.